+ WHAT ROUTINE SUPPORT IS ON OFFER?
We’re here to encourage you. We can’t promise to link you into a Free The Change group or find members for your own, but we’ll support you however we can.
First things first:
- Read through the material and get a sense of the resources available on this website.
- Make sure you’ve introduced yourself through our simple form. Tell us whether you’re eager to host, looking for a group, or have a group in the pipeline with space for one or two more members. (This also means we can keep you updated of new resources, events and network news.)
Still got stuff to ask or share? Just get in touch.
Looking for higher impact professional support with your campaign or meeting? You'll find details of our Change-makers Facilitation & Consultancy service here.
+ WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE NETWORK
Our hope is to build a real-world network of Free The Change groups - online and through larger gatherings every once in a while. Scotland is small enough that we can all benefit hugely from knowing who else is out there, and what they’re learning in their Free The Change groups that others could make use of.
- Our first online network gathering will take the form of a TOOC - or Tiny Open Online Course - a twice weekly Facebook conversation, running LIVE in April 2018 (dates tbc). Discussion across the network will be prompted by beautiful provocations each time, and provide a great opportunity to share wisdom, ideas and fears across the whole network as we all bundle in at the same time. (“TOOC” stands in contrast to MOOC: the MASSIVE open online courses offered by big universities. We like to keep our digital conversations as intimate as possible).
- You’ll need to register to join this private group conversation here.
Not a Facebook fan?
It’s easy to create (and close) a temporary account. Just use your real first name if you can.
- Need help with this? Just get in touch.
Face-to-face gathering and training
- Nothing beats rubbing shoulders. So we’ll be inviting everyone in the network to a special one day gathering at the 2018 Take One Action Film Festival - complete with networking, snappy change-maker skills sessions and our peer-to-peer reviews and celebrations of the Free The Change journey so far. All topped off with a bit of inspiring cinema.
+ What about cinema? Isn’t that what Take One Action is about?
Free The Change is a project of Take One Action Scotland. Our film festivals (along with other people’s great events and campaigns) provoke tens of thousands of people each year to want to be the change they seek in the world.
But full enactment a lot harder. Time, space, culture and embedded behaviours prevent many of us from beginning to explore, let alone pursue, our profound potential and fulfilment as active citizens. While Take One Action’s existing work is widely lauded, and we signpost lots of pre-fab opportunities for change, it is clear we also have a unique opportunity and responsibility to support more person-centred journeys towards sustainable, effective and rewarding citizenry. Hence, Free The Change.
But! We still love the provocation and inspiration that our films provide. So in addition to Take One Action's standard online film directory and Locals programme (which helps you put on Take One Action film screenings where you live) we’ve also curated a Free The Change Film Directory for your front room (private) use. This hand-picked selection of films foregrounds some amazing but ordinary people’s change-maker journeys, right across the globe, which we’re sure will inspire yours.
+ Okay. I’m ready to go. What do I do again?
First things first:
- Make sure you’ve introduced yourself through our simple form. Tell us whether you’re eager to host… looking for a group… or have a group in the pipeline with space for one or two more members. This also means we can keep you updated of new resources, events and network news.
- Jump to our Get Started page if you're ready to make things happen.
- Like us on Facebook, and register for our Facebook “Tiny Open Online Course" here.
- Live differently :-)